RSS
Image

Because sometimes we just need a place to think…

21 May

Because sometimes we just need a place to think...

Photo © 2004 Abe Kleinfeld

Advertisements

12 Comments

Posted by on May 21, 2013 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Because sometimes we just need a place to think…

1. Jean Alaba

May 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM

What a lovely set up. In fact, I wish my work desk can be situated there!

2. Wordifull Melanie

June 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Absolutely stunning.

3. Abe Kleinfeld

June 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Thank you!

4. Wordifull Melanie

June 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Is this your photograph?

5. Abe Kleinfeld

June 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yes, it is my photo, Melanie. I captured this scene at the Marin Art and Garden Center in Ross, CA on a beautiful spring day in 2004. I remember thinking how hard it would be to capture the feeling of that moment in a photo.

A few years ago someone contacted me after seeing the photo on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/abekleinfeld/) and asked permission to make a painting of it. Here’s her rendition of it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37721596@N06/5494640612/

6. Wordifull Melanie

June 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Wow the painting is lovely too! I was actually hoping for permission to use your photograph on my blog. It inspired me to write a poem so I would love to use it as illustration.

7. Abe Kleinfeld

June 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Thank you for asking! Yes, please feel free to use the photo on your blog.

8. Wordifull Melanie

June 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Thank you! I will credit you of course and provide a link to you.

9. Wordifull Melanie

June 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

You can see it here: http://wordifull.com/2013/06/09/s/
    Thanks again and I hope you like it 🙂

10. Abe Kleinfeld

June 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Well done, Melanie! Damn those strangers sabotaging solitude!

11. Webster

June 27, 2014 at 1:59 AM

You’re so cool! I don’t believe I’ve truly read
    something like this before. So wonderful to discover somebody with a few genuine thoughts on this
    subject. Seriously.. thank you for starting this up. This web
    site is one thing that’s needed on the internet, someone with
    a bit of originality!